SHAC was set up to unite all the people who live or work in social housing or cooperatives. It is a means of empowering us to work jointly on campaigns of common concern, and improving our chances of better lives.
On this site you will find advice on setting up a tenants or residents organisation, making a complaint about your landlord, or launching a campaign, as well as news articles on our activities. There are templates and checklists for shortcuts to aid busy campaigners.
SHAC also runs its own housing association ratings website. You can score your landlord in 7 different categories using a starring system, and leave feedback using SHAC-RATER. The results are updated regularly and appear here.
- For general publicity, see our Linking HA Residents and Workers flyer.
- Sign up here to become a SHAC supporter, and receive our updates.
- If you have information or would like to get involved, feel free to contact us here.
Our demands include:
- Improved repairs and maintenance services;
- Reduced rents and service charges;
- Better health and safety provisions; and
- An end to the hyper-exploitation of housing workers.