And the winners of the 2018 Tarnished Trophies were:
- Most Rotten Repairs: Sanctuary Housing
- Soaring Service Charges: London & Quadrant
- Senseless Social Cleansing and Dodgy Development: Peabody Family Mosaic
- Rocketing Rents: Notting Hill Genesis
- Secrecy, Unaccountability & Spin: Optivo
- Blundering Board and Management: Tower Hamlets Community Housing
- Overall lousy landlord: Clarion Housing Group
- Poverty Pay: Catalyst
- Punitive Performance Management: St Mungos Housing Association
- Relentless Restructures: Peabody Trust
- Overall Bullying Bosses: Catalyst
You can see the list of other housing associations that were nominated here.
The awards were presented to board and executives at the open air Alternative Housing Awards ceremony on 5th December 2018 outside their housing conference. Most declined to accept their awards, but tenants, residents and workers accepted on their behalf. You can see a short video of the event here.
With thanks to the hundreds of people who took the opportunity to vote, and to Nick Auvache for compering the event.