SHAC is a campaign to defend social housing, with a focus on housing associations and co-operatives. We aim to improve the lives of workers and residents, fighting alongside housing workers in the Unite Housing Workers Branch to highlight and oppose the increasing commercialisation of social housing.
On this site you will find useful resources for housing association and co-operative residents campaigning to defend their homes and services.
- For general publicity, see our Linking HA Residents and Workers flyer.
- Sign up here to become a SHAC supporter, and receive our updates.
- If you have information or would like to get involved, feel free to contact us here.
Our demands include:
- Improved repairs and maintenance services;
- Reduced rents and service charges;
- Better health and safety provisions; and
- An end to the hyper-exploitation of housing workers.