SHAC was set up to unite all the people who live or work in social housing or cooperatives. It is a means of empowering us to work jointly on campaigns of common concern, and improving our chances of better lives.
On this site you will find advice on setting up a tenants or residents organisation, making a complaint about your landlord, or launching a campaign, as well as news articles on our activities. There are templates and checklists for shortcuts, and details of the SHAC Rater housing association rating system.
- For general publicity, see our Linking HA Residents and Workers flyer.
- Sign up here to become a SHAC supporter, and receive our updates.
- If you have information or would like to get involved, feel free to contact us here.
Our demands include:
- Improved repairs and maintenance services;
- Reduced rents and service charges;
- Better health and safety provisions; and
- An end to the hyper-exploitation of housing workers.