Unfair and Uncapped: Freeze the Rents. Cap the Charges.
If you can’t see an embedded Pledge, it is likely that you have an ad-blocker enabled. Disable the blocker then refresh the page, or click here.
Steps for Withholding Payment
- Switch your payment method from Direct Debit (DD) to Standing Order (SO). Your landlord can change the amount it deducts from your account when a DD is set up, but they cannot change the amount charged by SO – only you can do that. Contact your bank to make the switch. Both use identical information.
- Let them know. If you are withholding payment or intend doing so, let your landlord know. Download our template text for quick reference.
- Get your MP’s backing. Copy the letter or email to your MP (find my MP).
- Get armed with information. Find out more from our legal information summary and our Withholding Payment Guide.
- Ask your MP to become a campaign supporter (here)
- Share our messages: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube. You can also download our Unfair and Uncapped Digital Toolkit with resources for supporters.
- Make a donation to help fund the campaign (here)
- Appeal to your trade union branch for support (here)
If you have a WordPress account, you can keep up to date with our blogs by subscribing to our site below: