SHAC does not provide individual representation or housing advice.
We get involved if an individual or group wants to build a campaign. Acting collectively is often a faster and more efficient way of getting problems resolved, and is more likely to address systemic problems.
For individual support and casework representation, please try the following:
- London Renters’ Union (London)
- ACORN Tenants Union (outside London)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (all regions)
You can also see if there is a Tenants and Residents Association in your area by checking our Directory.
If you have a complaint about a housing association and are unhappy that they have failed to address it, you can report the matter to the statutory organisations listed below. Each has covers different types of issues, and you can see their remit by following the links:
- The Housing Ombudsman
- The Regulator of Social Housing
- The First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) Residential Property
You can also review your housing association on the following: